37th Annual Illinois Public Sector Labor Relations Law Conference
A two half-day virtual conference, featuring both live stream and pre-recorded webinar sessions*
Thursday, December 2, 2021 | 9:00am - 1:15pm & Friday, December 3, 2021 | 9:00 AM - 1:05 PM
Join Illinois labor lawyers and labor relations specialists to gain real-time access to the key decision-makers who will shape the future of Illinois’ public sector.This year’s program will be a two half-day virtual conference, featuring both live stream and pre-recorded webinar sessions. Register today and earn up to 7.5 hours of Illinois MCLE credit hours!
Thursday, December 2
9:00 – 9:05am Welcome and Announcements
9:10 – 10:25am CONCURRENT SESSIONS
Public Education: Lessons Learned from the Pandemic LIVESTREAMING
- John Brosnan, Special Counsel, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
- Lisa Callaway, Partner, Engler, Callaway, Baasten & Sraga
- Steve Yokich, Partner, Dowd, Bloch, Bennett, Cervone, Auerbach & Yokich, LLP
IPLRA Developments LIVESTREAMING
- Thomas Bradley, Partner, Laner Muchin
- Helen J. Kim, General Counsel, Illinois Labor Relations Board
- Jerry J. Marzullo, Partner, Asher, Gittler & D'Alba, Ltd.
Social Media and Employee Discipline
- Carlos Arevalo, Partner, Klein, Thorpe & Jenkins, Ltd.
- James Brennwald, Arbitrator
- Jeff Goelitz, Partner, Hodges Loizzi
- Taylor Muzzy, Partner, Jacobs, Burns, Orlove & Hernandez, LLP
- Anita Tanay, General Counsel, ATU Local 308
10:35 – 11:50am CONCURRENT SESSIONS
Virtual Bargaining and Mediation: An Assessment for the Post-Pandemic Future LIVESTREAMING
- Beth Barton, IEA Uniserv Director, Illinois Education Association - NEA
- Brenda D. Pryor, Commissioner, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
- Dennis L. Weedman, Attorney, Robbins Schwartz
IELRA Developments LIVESTREAMING
- Thaddeus H. Goodchild, Deputy General Counsel, Chicago Teachers Union
- Kimberly M. Jannotta, Partner, Del Galdo Law Group, LLC
- Ellen Maureen Strizak, General Counsel, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
Interest Arbitration: A Year in Review
- Tamara Cummings, General Counsel, Illinois FOP Labor Council
- John H. Kelly, Partner, Ottosen DiNolfo Hasenbalg & Castaldo, Ltd.
- Brian E. Reynolds, Arbitrator
Nuts and Bolts of Strikes and Impasse Resolution
- Melissa Auerbach, Partner, Dowd, Bloch, Bennett, Cervone, Auerbach & Yokich, LL
- Gary Bailey, Attorney, Illinois FOP Labor Council
- Mark W. Bennett, Partner, Laner Muchin
- Robb B. Craddock, Senior Director, Labor & Employee Relations, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- John J. Weathers, Commissioner of Mediation, Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service
12:00 – 1:15pm Plenary - As We Move Forward: Major Recent Events and Their Impact on Public Sector Labor LIVESTREAMING
- Beverly S. Bunch, Professor, Department of Public Administration, University of Illinois Springfield
- Stacy Davis Gates, Vice President, Chicago Teachers Union & Executive Vice President, Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Joel M. Weisblatt, Chair, New Jersey Public Employment Relations Commission
- Alex Breland, Counsel, Litigation & Employment, CDK Global
Friday, December 3
9:00 – 10:15am CONCURRENT SESSIONS
The Future of Work LIVESTREAMING
- Kelly A. Coyle, Attorney, Clark Baird Smith, LLP
- JP Fyans, President, Teamster Local 916
- Susan M. Matta, Partner, Asher, Gittler & D'Alba, Ltd.
- Amber Spainhour, Assistant Director, Labor Relations, State of Illinois, Department of Central Management Services
Finances and Public Sector Labor Relations LIVESTREAMING This session does not qualify for CLE credit.
- Jennifer A. Dunn, Partner, Franczek P.C.
- Mike Newman, Deputy Director, AFSCME Council 31
- Erin L. O'Boyle, Deputy Director, Labor Relations, Illinois Department of Central Management Services
Higher Education Issues
- Nicholas Christen, Strategic Research Director, Illinios Federation of Teachers
- Melissa Mlynski, Associate Vice Chancellor of Human Resources, University of Illinois Springfield
- Andrew Slobodien, Associate Director, Labor & Employee Relations, University of Illinois at Chicago
10:25 – 11:40am CONCURRENT SESSIONS
Vaccination Issues LIVESTREAMING
- Alice Johnson, General Counsel, Cook County College Teachers Union
- Mary M. (Betsey) Madden, Chief Legal Counsel & Ethics Officer, Illinois Department of Human Rights
- Jill P. O'Brien, Partner, Laner Muchin
- Tyson Roan, Chief of Staff, SEIU Local 73
- Margaret Angelucci, Partner, Asher, Gittler & D'Alba, Ltd.
- Benjamin E. Gehrt, Attorney, Clark Baird Smith, LLP
- Karl Ottosen, Managing Partner, Ottosen DiNolfo Hasenbalg & Castaldo, Ltd.
- Chuck Sullivan, President, Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois
- David Amerson, Staff Attorney, Policemen's Benevolent & Protective Association of IL
- Felicia Frazier, Partner, Odelson, Sterk, Murphey, Frazier & McGrath, Ltd.
- David A. Johnson, Partner, Franczek P.C.
- Joseph R. Mazzone, Chief Counsel, Metropolitan Alliance of Police
11:50 – 12:50pm Burnout Prevention: Maintaining Mental Health in the Legal Profession LIVESTREAMING
- Chelsy A. Castro, Psychotherapist & Consultant, Castro Jacobs Psychotherapy and Consulting
11:50 – 1:05pm CONCURRENT SESSIONS
Open Meetings Act Update LIVESTREAMING
- Leah Bartelt, Deputy Public Access Counselor, Public Access Bureau, Illinois Attorney General's Office
- Bryan Diemer, Attorney, International Union of Operating Engineers Local 150, AFL-CIO
- A. Lynn Himes, Equity Partner, Himes, Petrarca & Fester, Chtd.
Nuts and Bolts of Labor Board Investigations
- Nick Gutierrez, Staff Attorney/Investigator, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
- Kimberly Stevens, Executive Director, Illinois Labor Relations Board
Sessions not indicated as livesteams are pre-recorded video content along with real-time speaker interaction available via live chat room throughout each session.
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION CREDITS
11/27 - 12/2/21
* Register five or more individuals, in one transaction, to qualify for the group rate. The discount will be applied to your cart during checkout.
ACCESSIBILITY OR SPECIAL REQUESTS? WE ARE HERE TO HELP! CONTACT THE OFFICE OF CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
EMAIL: email@example.com | PHONE: 312.906.5090
This conference is presented in cooperation with the Illinois Labor Relations Board and the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
First Wednesday Series: U.S.Immigration and Asylum Law - Beyond the Headlines and Politics
National Security Law Virtual Conference: The Future is Now: Emerging Technologies and National Security Law