This session will cover:
• Theories of municipal liability
• Monell’s application to private corporations
• What constitutes a policy? Who’s a final policy maker? Whose policy is it?
• Single incident liability? Impact of the
Supreme Court’s decision in
Connick v. Thompson on failure-to-train claims
• Is failure to have a policy tantamount to a policy? When is proof of deliberate
• Can there be municipal liability absent
• What impact does grant of qualified immunity to individual defendants have on municipal liability?